Taking a backup of your servers, files and databases is absolutely critical for every business, no matter how small.
Any of the following incidents can cause data loss that could result in lost sales, lost customer confidence, failure to comply with statutory regulations and possible complete business shutdown:
- Hardware failure
- Accidental or malicious deletion
- File corruption
- Environmental disaster such as fire or flood
- Theft of equipment holding the data
- Security failure
Having a backup allows you to recover lost data, restore servers and services and keep your business operational.
There are a multiple options available:
- External portable USB hard drives swapped every day and kept off site.
- Tape drives and swapping the tape each day and store it off site.
- Backup to internal disks and then replicated offsite to a NAS box.
- Backup directly to the cloud.
- Store all your information in a 3rd party cloud service who make backups for you.