Anti Virus and Anti-Spam software eliminates the efforts of unscrupulous people who wish to gain access to your systems for any of the following reasons:
- Deliberate destruction of files and databases.
- Access your customer account databases to retrieve details for spamming purposes or more fraudulent activity such as credit card theft.
- Obtain trade secrets.
- Blackmail by locking you out of your systems or threatening to expose your customers details.
- Impersonation of key personnel to transfer money from your company accounts.
- Take control of your systems and use them for their own purposes such as Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
- Install key loggers to secretly obtain your username and password to commit fraud such as money transfers or buying items using your account.
- To persuade you to visit websites containing viruses or malware.
- To provide unsolicited email.
For anything more than a few PC's its best to choose an Anti Virus solution that can be installed and managed centrally where you can be alerted of a potential virus outbreak anywhere in your company so you have complete peace of mind. This can be hosted on your own servers or via a 3rd party cloud service such as those from Trend Micro.
For Anti-Spam you need a system that gives you central control over what is consider Spam email so that false positives are reduced to a minimum. It is also crucial that any email quarantined is notified to the user so that they can opt to receive the email if it is genuine. Again the solution can be hosted on your own email servers of via a 3rd party cloud service.
We are Mercia Facilities Management can help you choose the correct solution and more importantly help you with how this fits into a wider security strategy.