Tech Tip : Share Your Windows Internet Connection By Making A Wireless Hotspot
If you’re looking for an easy and fast way to share your internet connection with your other devices, with Windows 10 you can do so by turning your computer into a wireless hotspot without extra software or advanced commands. Here’s how:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Click on Mobile hotspot.
- Under "Share my Internet connection from" drop-down menu, select the network adapter connected to the internet that you want to share.
- Click Edit.
- Type an identifying name for the shared connection that others will use to find the network.
- Type a new password that others can use to connect to the hotspot.
- Click Save.
- Turn on the 'Share my Internet connection with other devices' toggle switch.
- Up to 8 devices should then be able to connect using your new wireless hotspot.