Tech Tip : Get Microsoft Edge on Android
With the Microsoft Edge browser for Android you can Sync passwords, favourites, and exchange data between your PC and Android phone. Here’s how to set it up:
- Download the Microsoft Edge App e.g. from Google Play Store or get a download link from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-mobile
- Install the app.
- Open the app - if asked if you want to use your Microsoft account, if you want to sync with Edge on your Windows PC say ‘yes’ or choose the Continue as [your email] button.
- If you don’t have a Microsoft account, or don’t want to link it up yet, choose the Use another account option, or tap Skip for now.
- With the next step, choose whether you want to share your browsing history or not.
- Once set up, from the home page, tapping the microphone icon allows voice search, while the square with a line running through it will open the built-in QR reader.
- Look at the top right corner, star icon with three lines sticking out of its right side - tap this and it opens up a new page with several icons across the top. From left to right they are Favourites (bookmarks), Reading list, Books (a new feature), History, and Downloads.
- Tapping the X on the far right will bring you back to the Home page.